Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1 can apple pie filling (21 oz)
- 6 flour tortillas (8”)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Soften the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute to make them more flexible and easier to roll.
- Spoon a 1/4 cup of pie filling just slightly off the center of each tortilla, sprinkle evenly with cinnamon, and roll.
- Place in a greased baking dish seam side down and set aside.
- Bring the water, white sugar, brown sugar, and butter to a boil In a medium saucepan, then reduce the flame and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the sugar mixture over enchiladas, sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon on top, and let it rest for 45 minutes.
- Bake this for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream.