Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- 3-4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sweet Hawaiian Ingredients:
- 20oz (1 can) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, place cornstarch and lightly beaten eggs. Dip the chicken pieces into cornstarch and coat them in the egg mixture. I find this method works well.
- Over a medium-high flame, Heat canola oil in a large skillet and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in the greased baking dish.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, pineapple juice, minced garlic, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Add the pineapple tidbits and red pepper over the chicken and bake for 1 hour.
- Mix the chicken every 15 minutes for the sauce to adhere to it.