See the full article here.
Yield: 6 servings
Banana Foster French Toast Casserole
A scrumptious meal that will have you going bananas!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar divided
- 2 tsp Cinnamon divided
- 1 stick butter
- 5 Bananas peeled and sliced
- 3 tsp Vanilla Extract divided
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 8 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Milk
- Grease a 9x13" baking dish and Set aside, then cut the bread into cubes.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp vanilla, stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens. Finally, put in the bananas, and stir until coated.
- Remove from heat and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs the remaining brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Add nutmeg, half and half, and milk, whisking until blended.
- Add bread cubes and gently stir until the bread has soaked up the liquid. After that step, pour the bread mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Evenly pour the banana mixture over the bread mixture and cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Take the plastic wrap off the baking dish and bake for about 50 minutes until golden brown.