- 9 lasagna sheets
- 4 cups shredded chicken breast
Spinach Cream Sauce (Belachamel)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups of half and half milk
- 5 oz spinach (chopped)
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
Ricotta Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup parsley
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (set aside 1 cup for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. in a large pot, cook the lasagna al dente in salt-water, then drain the hot water once cooked, then flush with cold water and drain. Shred the chicken and set it aside.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onions with a tbs of olive over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until soft. Whisk in 4 tbs of butter and 1/3 cup flour for 3 minutes or until it is a golden color.
- Add to the mixture the half and half milk, chicken broth, salt, and black pepper and whisk until smooth. Let this simmer for 5 minutes until it is a thick, slightly runny consistency.
- Stir in the garlic and spinach, then remove it from the heat.
- Using a whisk, combine the ricotta, egg, parmesan, parsley and 2 cups mozzarella in a large bowl.
Assembling the chicken lasagna
- Use a small amount of béchamel sauce to coat the bottom of the 9x13 casserole dish, then add 3 lasagna sheets, ½ of the ricotta sauce, ½ the shredded chicken, then 1/3 of the spinach sauce on top.
- Add another 3 lasagna sheets, the remaining ricotta, ½ shredded chicken, and 1/3 spinach sauce.
- Continue with the last 3 lasagna sheets, the remaining spinach sauce, and the 1 cup of mozzarella cheese as the topping.
- Cover with tin a large sheet of foil and bake. Using toothpicks, suspend the tin foil just above the cheese to prevent touching. Bake this in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, then remove the foil and allow the cheese to brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.