See the full article here.
Yield: 8 Servings
Juicy Roast Chicken
Moist and tender roast chicken and veggies made from the comfort home. Dinner is served!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour 20 minutes
Additional Time 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 50 minutes
- 6 Yukon Gold Potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and cut into 1” pieces)
- 1 medium onion (peeled and cut into 1” pieces)
- 1 head of garlic (chopped)
- 4 sprigs of rosemary (separated)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5 ½ lb whole chicken (giblets removed)
- 2 ½ tsp salt (1/2 tsp for inside and 2 tsp for outside)
- ¾ tsp pepper (1/4 tsp for inside and ½ tsp for outside)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 lemon (halved)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, season the potatoes, carrots, onions, half head of garlic, and 2 sprigs of rosemary with 1 tbsp of olive oil and ½ tsp of salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper.
- Remove the giblets from the chicken, use a paper towel to remove the extra moisture from both inside and outside, then place it inside a roast pan.
- Season the interior of the chicken with ½ tsp salt and ¼ black pepper, then it with 2 rosemary sprigs, the lemon halves, and the remaining garlic.
- Melt the butter and use it to brush the top and sides of the chicken, then season the remaining salt and black pepper.
- Bind the legs to each other and tuck the wings beneath the chicken. Spread the vegetable around the bird and roast for 80-90 minutes uncovered. Once the internal temperature of the thigh reaches 165°F it's finished.
- Transfer the roasted chicken and vegetables to a platter, cover with foil and rest for 15 minutes before serving.