See the full article here.
Yield: 6 serving
Maple Butter Roast Chicken with Vegetables
Flavored in savory herbs and spices is this delicious maple butter whole roasted chicken.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour 20 minutes
Rest Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 45 minutes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 whole chicken
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 fresh oregano sprigs
- 1 small lemon, cut into 4 wedges
For the Vegetables:
- 1lb baby potatoes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- ½ lb broccoli florets
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ lb cauliflower florets
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Prepare a Jelly roll pan with a rack set over it, then remove the giblets from the chicken's cavity.
- Patting the chicken dry with paper towels, place the chicken in the prepared pan breast side up.
- Using a mixing bowl, combine softened butter, maple syrup, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper, then use your fingers to loosen the skin on the chicken breasts and thighs.
- Take to maple and butter mixture and rub half of the butter mixture under the skin, spreading it around. Use the remaining maple-butter mixture on top of the skin.
- Make sure to add a bit of salt and cracked black pepper inside the cavity; fill it with four thyme sprigs, lemon wedges, and four oregano sprigs.
- Be sure to tie the chicken legs together with kitchen twine after stuffing.
- Tuck the wings under the body; then roast the chicken for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- For the vegetables, combine them all in a mixing bowl adding olive oil, salt, and pepper. Next, take the chicken from the oven and add the vegetables to the pan lowering the oven temperature to 350˚F.
- Continue to roast the chicken for 1 hour and 10 minutes. When the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165˚F, check the doneness with Instant Read Thermometer.
- Finally, stir veggies halfway through cooking; then remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 to 12 minutes before cutting, then serve.
Cut the potato and lemons in wedges and roughly chop the herbs and vegetables.