See the full article here.
Yield: 1 loaf
Roasted Pumpkin, Pumpkin Bread
Rich flavorful pumpkin bread for the entire family
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 cup pumpkin (Roasted and pureed)
- 2tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1tbsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Whisk sugar, baking soda, flour, salt, and pumpkin spice in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in roasted pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, and vanilla.
- Pour batter in a 9*5 loaf tin that is greased and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for an hour at 350 degrees F, until a toothpick that has been inserted comes out clean.
- Ensure the top is not jelly but springs back after touching it with your fingers.
Roasted pumpkin will give more flavor because the dry heat added enhances the taste and the fact that some of the water will be removed from the pumpkin it's flavor will be more concentrated.
You may roast your pumpkin in bulk long before you are ready to bake and store it in the refrigerator. Use a bit for different purposes as you desire. For instance, you could just take out a cup and through it in the blender to make your puree for this delicious Roasted Pumpkin Pumpkin Bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314kcal