- cheesecake filling
- 2lbs cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- Strawberry topping
- 1 1/2 lbs strawberries
- 2tbsp water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Graham cracker crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 7tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Grease your springform pan and line with parchment paper then preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar, and press into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes and let cool.
For the cream cheese filling
- In a mixing bowl with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- Gradually add eggs, one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan with crust and bake for 60mins.
- When finished, turn the oven off and crack the oven door for the cheesecake to cook for about an hour. Cooling slowly helps the cheesecake not to crack on top.
- Chill after cooling period for 8-24hrs.
For the strawberry topping
- On medium heat, add half of the strawberry and sugar in a saucepan and simmer for 7 mins until the strawberries starts to break down.
- Mix in the cornstarch and water.
- add the rest of the strawberry and continue cooking for about 3 mins.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Let cool at room temperature before adding to the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours then enjoy!