Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1lb boneless chicken breast
- 24 slices of American cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup small-diced red sweet peppers
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/8 tsp salt add more or less to taste
- 1/8 tsp grounded black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup small dice onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 (15oz can) cannellini bean
- 11 oz can corn kernel
- 1/3 cup small-diced green sweet peppers
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- Using a 6-quart pot, add the canola oil over medium heat.
- Pour the chicken (diced), oregano, salt, pepper, and cumin in the pot and sautee for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- In another small cooking pot, sweat the onion, bell peppers, and garlic for about 4 minutes.
- Combine the two mixtures in the quart pot and stir in the chicken broth, corn, and beans.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes. Add the cheese until they dissolve.
- Garnish your bowl with lime wedges and chopped cilantro leaves.