See the full article here.
White Chicken Chili
What more would you need on a cold day than a bowl of this hot white chicken chili seasoned with fresh herbs and spices and notes of yellow cheddar to soothe your appetite.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1lb boneless chicken breast
- 24 slices of American cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup small-diced red sweet peppers
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/8 tsp salt add more or less to taste
- 1/8 tsp grounded black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup small dice onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 (15oz can) cannellini bean
- 11 oz can corn kernel
- 1/3 cup small-diced green sweet peppers
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- Using a 6-quart pot, add the canola oil over medium heat.
- Pour the chicken (diced), oregano, salt, pepper, and cumin in the pot and sautee for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- In another small cooking pot, sweat the onion, bell peppers, and garlic for about 4 minutes.
- Combine the two mixtures in the quart pot and stir in the chicken broth, corn, and beans.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes. Add the cheese until they dissolve.
- Garnish your bowl with lime wedges and chopped cilantro leaves.